The Kamsack Volunteer Fire Department (KVFD) was called out three times in a one-week span.
In a release provided by Ken Thompson, acting fire chief of the KVFD, it was said the department responded to two out-of-town fires and one in town.
At 7:45 p.m. on October 9, the fire department responded to a call about an oil fire at a residence in Togo. The small grease fire had burned out by the time the firefighters arrived, according to the release. There were no injuries and only minor damage.
On October 10 the KVFD was called out at 9:40 p.m. to a structure fire in Badgerville on the Cote First Nation. The fire had originated in the basement of an abandoned residence. Crews spent approximately two hours on scene.
The KVFD were called to a garage fire on Taylor Street in Kamsack at 7:30 p.m. on October 13. Upon arrival, the detached garage was fully engulfed in flames. The fire was quickly extinguished. It was later determined that a vehicle parked in the garage had a faulty electrical system which caused the fire. Crews were on scene for about three hours, the release said.